Monday, March 2, 2009

Ricky and Beyond

Friends Recommends is going out of town for a couple of days. We'll be back in action on Thursday. My goal was to have three posts all ready to go and set them to automatically post each morning, but that was totally unrealistic. Something about hindsight and 20/20 vision.

New lists have started to come in. After this week with Ricky B. we have a brand new Megan list that is going to knock your socks off. And we're still waiting for that slacker Matthayes...

Anyway, I think there is some great stuff on this Ricky list, but I admit that I am pretty unfamiliar with all of it (minus Inherit the Wind) so it's going to take a little bit of time. I am especially interested in his book picks, but seeing as they are books they are going to take me a lot of time. The Ambulance LTD self-titled LP pick came to Ricky via Mike Gittings recommend. I don't know this band, but here is a video anyway. This is from the recommended LP. I'm not quite sure how I feel about these guys yet. This is Primitive (The Way I Treat You):




2 comments:

Mike G said...

I pretty much think this is a terrible song. You would never know this is actually a good band if all you heard was this song. If you get the album on emusic, I recommend omitting tracks 01 and 02 (strangely enough).

ricksterb said...

I agree with Mike on this. This song eventually grew on me, but it's a terrible example of their overall sound. Here is the link to a non-video video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAZTMDZkPz8

This song was the first Ambulance LTD song that I heard, and I instantly loved it. I heard this song after I stole the mix CD's that Water School made to play at their album debut show.