Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Live Blog!! Chris Q&A!! One Day Only!!!

Hi Everyone!!!

Today, we're doing something very special and very interactive. I didn't have time to look into any of your old recommendations, so tell me about some new stuff and I'll riff on it ON THE SPOT.

Leave a comment and let me know about something that I can easily look into here at work. A song, a youtube clip, a piece or art, a poem, a weirdo on Facebook...anything. I'll look into and give you my thoughts on it ON THE SPOT.

Unadulterated, unedited and totally off the wall!


Okay, hit me up with some stuff.

And check back often, because this thing is getting updated up until 4:45PM EST.

At 11:10AM, Baltimore City Department of Public Works Bureau of Solid Waste recommends:
We recommend that you place your solid waste into trash cans with tight fitting lids and to never to leave your trash outside in just a plastic bag. Only cans with lids keep trash contained, prevent litter and discourage rodents, stray animals and other pests.
Chris responds:
Seriously, BCDOPWBOSW?? You mean I've been putting bags of garbage on my sidewalk for 8 months, and NOW you're telling me its not cool? Now you're telling me [albeit through a mass glossy postcard junk mailing that I'm paranoidly thinking was your way of talking directly to me since you were too scared to say it directly to my face] you're going to fine me $50? Get out of here with your rodent talk. You're the pest in this scenario, dawgs. Scram!
Next!

At 11:14AM, Chris Laun recommends:
How about that Tracy Morgan interview I sent you yesterday.
Chris responds:
I agree 100% with the notion that I didn't care for Tracy Morgan before 30 Rock and his subsequent talk show appearances. I feel bad that I didn't realized that he was always a lunatic. This interview is pure insanity. Its a 20-minute run-on sentence, only disrupted periodically by radio station identification. Its truly a work of art. I can only hope that this is how Adam acts on WJZ on Friday.
At 11:36AM, Michael Ward recommends:
I recommend the hot dog from Five Guys. How about giving it a try for lunch?
Chris responds:
Sorry Mike...If I were to prioritize [or even meet] your request, it might be seen as a conflict of interest, since you're a fellow scribe. On a purely personal level, I might consider this recommendation. But I will NOT be writing about my enjoyment of it on this blog.
At 11:41AM: Heather Vandenburg of Ithaca, NY recommends:
[I recommend a reaction to] how.. .you feel about all this crazy quiz taking going on on facebook? huh? huh?
Chris responds:
I don't like it, Heather. Its old-hat to complain about the new Facebook homepage layout, but it bears repeating...its HORRIBLE. I have no idea what's going on anymore. There is nothing even remotely highlighty about the "Highlights" column. And these crazy quizzes that you mention? These things are for the birds. The myspacing of Facebook is upon us and there's no turning back. Start sailing to the New World, Heather.
At 12:09PM, Adamhop recommends:
why don't you talk about how to make a mockery of a perfectly nice blog!?
Chris responds:
Adam, I know you still think of this as your blog, but its not anymore. Its OURS. We can do what we want. We have free reign. Live-blogging is a perfectly respectable way of blogging. It toes the line between chatting and blogging. Its really free and liberating. And thusfar, my grammar has been spot-on. Granted I haven't responded to any substantial recommendations yet, but I'm getting there. You built it, and now I'm coming. Deal with it.
At 12:40PM, Jeska recommends:
Also, I finally realized a week or so ago what was going on with Rick's bizarre closings. I think he could really take this a long way as an interactive performance art, by posting comments on strangers blogs merely containing the closing. [I recommend that you post your] Thoughts?
Chris responds:
I must have been upgraded to a Plus Membership, because I know no longer have to decipher what these crazy words say, so I'm afraid I can't relate. I have nothing to say on the matter, except for that I wish Ricky B the best in this or any other future endeavors. If he builds it, I will go.


At 12:46PM, T.J. recommends:
hmm... yes - perhaps my idea was a bit too broad... how about... blueberry muffins or big trampolines... whats your thoughts on those?
Chris responds:
Tough choice. As a kid, there were many foods that I decided that I didn't like. Pickles, beets, onions, chocolate, blueberries and muffins. As I grew older I came to a philosophical understanding that it's ridiculous for a human being to be disgusted by the taste of anything. All things taste good. The world is imperfect yet perfect. So, I've slowly been teaching my taste buds to enjoy the tastes that the childhood me had jeered. I've come around on muffins in the biggest of ways... but blueberries, I'm still trying to fully appreciate those. So, while I'm decidedly indifferent to trampolines of ANY size, the big trampoline still wins this battle hands down, as of this moment. You might want to resubmit this question for my next Q&A.


Sorry, everybody.

11 comments:

h. van de mark said...

i've given up.

erichop said...

Since I believe this blogger just jumped the shark, how about riffing on that Happy Days episode.

swate

Laundre said...

How about that Tracy Morgan interview I sent you yesterday

MikeW said...

I recommend the hot dog from Five Guys. How about giving it a try for lunch?

h. van de mark said...

how do you feel about all this crazy quiz taking going on on facebook? huh? huh?

t.j. said...

radiolab... boy oh boy those guys are great

adam. said...

why don't you talk about how to make a mockery of a perfectly nice blog!?

Chris said...

Is there an ultimate radiolab I should be looking at T.J.?

Jessica said...

i'm with adam.

Also, I finally realized a week or so ago what was going on with Rick's bizarre closings. I think he could really take this a long way as an interactive performance art, by posting comments on strangers blogs merely containing the closing. Thoughts?

"porpu"

t.j. said...

hmm... yes - perhaps my idea was a bit too broad... how about... blueberry muffins or big trampolines... whats your thoughts on those?

ricksterb said...

Arg! I can't believe that this was the day I was in training all day. I'm so "angra" I can't contain myself.