Friday, March 6, 2009

Megan Rogers

Special thanks to Megan, who, like Ricky B is keeping this blog going! Megan has a list of 30 things here, and although I don't require a specific number, it is nice when the fit in all perfect and neat like this.

I'm not actually sure when I met Megan...could it have been at Sunday baseball? Could it have been through either Eric or Jessica? I really, really don't know when the initial meeting was. But I do know it was a while ago, and I do know that she rules, and so does her list. This past summer she reintroduced me to the joys of camping, which I liked, but I think I most liked the post-camping shower. I think that was the best part, and I think she might have warned me that it was one of the best parts. Also, I don't know that there is a person in the world with a stronger love for Little Havana's on a Sunday morning (unlimited Mimosas!). I have Megan to thank for that as well, and now recommend the place to any out-of-towners looking for a good breakfast experience. I must say I am a sucker for pictures with animals, which is why I chose this one (is that a seal?) It's great. Additionally she is the first of two people I know with a pet named after Audrey from Twin Peaks! See her list below for a Twin Peaks recommend. Onward!:

Music:


6 Albums Having Nothing to Do With Morrissey:

Roxy Music - Roxy Music
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
The Clash - London Calling
David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Books:

6 Really Great Fiction Books:
Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco
Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov (my favorite is actually Speak Memory, but that's non-fiction)
Master & Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis
Last Exit to Brooklyn by Hubert Selby Jr.

Movies:

6 Movies That Aren't The Big Lebowski:
Ghostbusters
Cheech & Chong's Next Movie
Easy Rider
Midnight Cowboy
FUBAR
Usual Suspects

Miscellaneous:

6 Reasons to Own a Television and DVD Player:
Twin Peaks
Orangutan Island
Absolutely Fabulous
21 Jump Street (Seasons 1-3)
Fishing With John
Tom Goes to the Mayor

Food:

6 Things From Friendly's That Are So Good They're Disgusting (Or Vice Versa):
Grilled Cheese and French Fries
Super Sundae 5-Scoop (3 scoops chocolate, 2 scoops vanilla, hot fudge, optional whip)
Munchie Mania
Double Thick Milk Shake in Chocolate
Turkey Club SuperMelt and French Fries
Kickin' Buffalo Chicken Strips

3 comments:

Mike G said...

I know of something at Friendly's that is disgusting and definitely not good. Ask me about it sometime.

Jessica said...

Master & Margarita is on my list of books to read (as soon as I finish the colossus Middlesex that is taking me a year to complete) -- it seems like a popular favorite and for that reason I am enlisting Adam to read it as well.

t.j. said...

its about time friendly's made it onto this list.... i would also like to point out the deliciousness in their quesadillas when combined with a cherry coke.