Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife


I'm not sure if anyone has read this yet/recommended here, but I've been reading the Time Traveler's Wife this past week.

As I may have mentioned previously, I love anything to do with time travel. I love when characters from the future meet people they know in the past and have to explain things. I also love when characters go back in time to "change the past", but actually realizing that everything has happened before, they are in fact just making things the same. All of this is here in this book.

Usually when I read something, it takes me over a hundred pages to get involved. This one, though, I was instantly hooked. The story involves a guy who will time travel at random to various places at any time, and just show up places completely naked, then have to steal clothes and food until he warps back to his own time. He has a condition which causes this to happen. He is also married, and sometimes when he warps, he goes to various times in his wife's life, which creates the future from where he came. He also will warp to points in his own life, and help himself out. The dialogue is all really well done, and the story itself is completely inventive. Anyway, even though I haven't finished it, this has been the best thing I've read in a long while.

No comments: