Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Food from my vacation

So I've been on vacation a lot lately. Part of the fun of being on vacation is going to places you wouldn't normally find around here for eats. So I've outlined a few good ones that I did while away.

Sonic

These places aren't in Maryland at all, but boy do they have some nice food on their menu! I've been here a few times, and it's really hard to decide what to get. They may have the best drink selection of any fast food place I've ever been to. What they do well:

1. Shakes. My favorite is the Orange slush treat. It's really amazing. Tastes like an orange creamsicle. The flavors available for the shakes alone are something you'd probably only find here.
2. Breakfast all day long.
3. Lime Aid. Comes in several flavors. Also, slush versions.
4. Tater Tots. Instead of fries!
5. The drive-in style ordering.

In 'N Out Burger
This is my favorite fast food place of all time. I love this place more than any other. I don't expect everyone to agree, but if you ever are in California, for God's sake, find one. The burgers are great because everything about is fresh. I strongly urge you to try the regular burger first. It has lettuce, tomato, thousand island, etc. The fries are shoe string style. Crunchy and delicious. Looking at their menu is the complete opposite of Sonic. They only have 3 combos you can get. A single burger/cheeseburger/double cheeeseburger. Sometimes it's nice not having to pick from so many things. The bad thing is they are adamant about not expanding anywhere east of Nevada. Something to do with their strict meat storage policy.

Cracker Barrel

So for our beach trip that Myers and I took, we kept talking about how we were going to stop at Cracker Barrel on our way back. The more we talked about it, the more excited about it I got. I had one of the best turkey dinners there back when I was younger. As it turns out, the turkey dinners are only served on Thursdays. What I got instead was a boneless chicken breast dinner, and it was pretty delicious. I'll go here again when I want chicken or turkey with mash potatoes, and corn muffins. Also, have you played this peg game they have there? It's pretty fun.

5 comments:

adam. said...

in 'n out chocolate shakes are also amazing. i've never much been into the shake and burger together, but i enjoyed it at in 'n out in california. i have liked sonic OK, but not enough to wish they were around...ive always felt gross after eating there.

cracker barrel on the other hand is one of the finest eating establishments our country has to offer. anything with gravy.

Jessica said...

i have never eaten @ cracker barrel and i hope to keep it that way.

Unknown said...

i don't want you to hate me wardo, but me no likey the in 'n out fries.

i did likey vacationing in the coastal paradise of cali with you and watching you dudes drink feminine drinks.

MikeW said...

Jeska, do you hate everything I write about?

MikeW said...

Christine: That's fine. I still hold you in high regard. I enjoyed having you along. I'm sorry that Frisco Burrito made you sick.