Thursday, July 16, 2009

Magic Bullet

Since food posts are so popular here, I thought I would keep with that theme. I highly recommend the Magic Bullet Blender.

http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Info/200801/China_Product_C2006327220302329373_21pcs_Magic_Bullet_Blender.jpg

I don't even have one, I have a knock-off brand, and the quality is certainly poor, even the knock-off is an amazing kitchen tool. I use mine almost every day to make smoothies. This thing makes smoothies in less than a minute. Don't believe this everything-in-ten-seconds crap they sell you on TV. It takes nearly a minute to get a well-blended smoothie, but that's still pretty damn fast.

You can quickly mix fruits that you wouldn't -or at least I wouldn't- normally mix together. Cherries + Mangos= Great smoothies. Banana + Blueberries = Great Smoothies. Peaches + Strawberries = Great Smoothies.

I stock up on fruit and make a bunch of smoothies and then freeze them. That way I can have a smoothie anytime I want one -well, about a half an hour after I want one-and it keeps the fruit from rotting in the fridge before I can eat it all.

Not only does this thing make great smoothies, but it also grinds coffee beans, a big plus if you drink a lot of coffee at home like I do. I've used it to chop onions and other vegetables. It doesn't make consistently-sized chunks, but it' a lot faster than a food processor and with way less cleanup.

Did I mention how easy this thing is to clean up? All of the mess is on the blade, and in the cup. That's all the cleanup needed. It is so great. My one suggestion is to not leave a dirty cup in the back of your car for a week, because once the fruit dries on the cup, it takes another week of soaking before it can be properly cleaned.

I'm certain that this thing makes plenty of other great stuff, but it's worth it for the smoothies alone. It is such an easy, affordable, quick and tasty way to eat healthy. A smoothie for breakfast is so much better than cereal, yogurt or an english muffin.

Go get a Magic Bullet, or better yet, do what I did and have your mom buy you a knock-off brand for your birthday.

No comments: