Thursday, May 21, 2009

Recommended Distractions

So I never listen to music anymore, the books I read are only OK, and the movies I watch are horrible. Assuming you've all heard of The Office, that doesn't leave much to recommend from the little T.V. that I watch. I do however spend an inordinate amount of time browsing web page after web page. The internets are an amazing things. You can view great, pointless videos like this one:



I don't know how to embed youtube videos or anything else for that matter. So suck it up. The other great thing about the internets (***extremely- inside joke warning***) is that you can go online to buy shoes offline. Amazings!!

Here are some of my favorite places to visit on the internets.

This is Boing Boing. This is a great recommend site. Also great is Neatorama. It's a way less techy internets than this BoingBoing. If you like independant games, steampunk, DRM debates and guest bloggers than BB is for you. Otherwise it's Neatorama.

I also love Men who look like old lesbians. Although, I think the are wrong about many of these men.

Cake Wrecks is gross an hilarious and makes me sad for the world. Post Secret is kind of all of those things too. Actually Post Secret is every emotion of every person all at one place without any judgement of any of it.

Bent Objects is amusing and worth a look every few months. As is Faces in Places.

I sort of enjoy this Photoshop Disasters, but there is also something about it that I hate, but I do not know what.

I love The Big Picture although their subject matter has gotten boring lately.

Finally, It's Nice That is a great art recommender.

Sorry if this is kind of a half-assed blog post, but I got into an accident on the way to work today and I lost half of my ass in the wreck.

5 comments:

adam. said...

im glad you got this in here guy. thanks for contributing. that ass comment really has me laughing.

Einstein said...

You dont buy things off line! You buy them online!

Jessica said...

i have these moments when i'm utterly perplexed by your (& when I say your, I don't mean Rick individually -- you know who are) sense of humor. keyboard cat, seriously?

adam. said...

Jeff Weber just sent me this one today. It is gold:

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com

Jessica said...

also, i can't believe with all these websites that you don't use google reader -- what gives? is it too imptaliz for you?