Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oh brother. I hate it when I come in to work early and check Friends Recommend to discover what new recommends are waiting for me only to realize that it's Thursday (my posting day) and not only is there nothing being recommended to me, but I've got nothing to recommend.

We seem to be on a TV Show kick this week so I'll keep the flow going. One show that I've recently come to appreciate is the British series Spaced. The overall plot is that Tim and new friend Daisy pretend to be a couple in order to rent an apartment together. The show features Simon Pegg and Nick Frost of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz fame.

As Tim and Daisy seek to develop their careers and find love, they receive counsel from and get caught up in the lives of their landlord Marsha and neighbor Brian. All in all, the show is pretty bizarre and surreal at times, and frequently references and parodies movies and other TV shows. Sometimes it's a little too bizarre for its own good, but the cast keeps it together and make you really feel for the characters. Youtube has a lot of really of boring clips from the show, but there were plenty of laugh out loud moments. Again, sorry for not knowing how to embed these. Someone should explain that to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X-_UL08uuI


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFEJstPBwvw&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3KfnPHiTqY&feature=channel

1 comment:

adam. said...

ricky, you actually didn't mess up on these. the embedding is disabled. usually on a youtube clip to the right of the video there is an embed code labeled "embed." If you just copy that whole thing and paste it into your post it will work.

too much TV for me to keep up with this week. especially since i just started arrested development season 3 for the first time.