Monday, April 13, 2009

Radiohead Delayed. Post Way Delayed

OK friends and faithful readers. This post might get buried come morningtime under the fresh new post by TheChristopherMyers, but that might be OK. There might not be a whole lot of recommending in this post. But come to think of it, there might be eventally. My original idea comes from the Brotherhop list, where he recommended both OK Computer and KID A by Radiohead. I love both of these albums, and would say that both would make it into an all time top 20 albums list. Only one of them would make it into my top 3 albums of all time, and it isn't the one that most people like better. Anyway, the idea was to do a side-by-side of these two albums similar to my Bjork--Vespertine vs. Medulla post sometime ago. If you haven't read that one, it is back from the glory days and might be worth a read. It seems to be the only post in this blog's history that inspired Ricky B to check out something that I wrote about. Whaddayknow. Anyway, that side-by-side is in the works but I wanted to spend some time revisiting both of those albums, even though they may each have been played more than any other album I own. Maybe with the exception of Primus' Pork Soda, which is single-handedly the reason that I play the bass. Whowouldathunkit? Don't weigh in on the OK Computer vs. KID A argument just yet. A time will come for that one.

This paragraph is another CALL FOR HELP for new lists in these parts. Matthayes and Steve Colmus, I'm talking to you guys directly. You both made promises and I expect a follow through. Matthayes, you have been working on this thing since last August, so pull your head out of your a** and get it in. Colmus, I'm coming after you next. After that I'm going after Prevas, but he is currently Mr. Prevas...once high school lets out for the year I'll hold him to that one. But really, we need this guys! There are going to be a lot of commas around here today, I can feel it. Also, word has it that Huff has started list #2 and all of your are encouraged to do the same.

An anti-recommend of my own. The fantasy baseball team co-run by myself and George French. So far, worst fantasy season of all time. I know none of you care. But I'm just sayin.

In other exciting news Brotherhop has made a suggestion for a week-long theme for this blog which will take place all of next week. I don't want to reveal exactly what it is, or what it is at all but I think it's going to be a good time. He has suggested a recommend topic for next week and all of the house recommenders get to weigh in on it for each of their given day. Everyone else seems to know exactly how to approach this except for me. Unfortunately I have to post first and set the bar real low. I am also trying to convince Brotherhop to complete this theme by writing the Friday post of next week and weigh in on his own suggestion. Maybe we can motivate him to do this via the comments section of this blog?

In other news: A month or so ago I completed a recommend from Mike Ward and realized I never mentioned it here. I posted about Chuck Klosterman's Killing Yourself To Live before I actually read it but have since finished it under the advice of Mike Ward. It did prove to be LOL funny at some parts, as Mike promised. There is a very specific type of person that I would recommend this book to and a lot of you who read this blog are that type of person, that type of person being fans of rock and roll. Not just fans of Rock and Roll, but people who really know a lot about he history of Rock and Roll. I am not necessarily one of those people. I am not a name remembering person and while I knew of all the bands this guy was talking about, they aren't really groups that I ever spent much time listening to for the most part. To the guys who seem to know some rock history like Chris Myers, and George, and Chris Laun, and maybe Brotherhop, and more of you I recommend this book. I think you'd get a lot out of it. Mike Ward is definitely one of these people who is in the know about all eras of the Rock and Roll. As I said I am not one of these people and I still enjoyed the book. It was a quick read, and the guy gets into some pretty funny situations but I definitely would have gotten more out of it if I weren't so stupid when it comes to some things. Heather is in the middle of it now and I don't consider her to be one of these people so I'd be real interested for her to share how this experience is going. HSV? Take this as a hesitant recommend. For some people it would be amont the funniest books they ever read. For some merely a good book. And for some a great bit WTF. OK? OK. Onto Chris. Stay tuned for our very first theme week starting next Monday. Also, George French is going to try his hand at this recommendeering thing. Give him an ear this coming Friday. Certainly worth a listen. You all know it won't be any worse than me. Jessicahop also has one in the wings, but that one might take a little bit longer. No release date just yet.

No comments: