Thursday, April 2, 2009

thursday part 2!

ok... i know i already wrote my turn for recommending... but i was just browsing the internets and i saw something that i would strongly recommend to you baltimoreans.

on thursday june 4th at the rams head a band is playing there by the name of gogol bordello.

now don't get me wrong, they are kind of cheesy to listen to when you are at a computer or in a car or wherever you might put on some music... but seeing the live show is really really amazing. they call themselves gypsy punks, and their music is slightly elementary... but man oh man i dare anyone to go see the show and try and refrain from getting swooned up in the excitement. even my girlfriend who hated the music prior to see the show became addicted mid-performance. she got me tix for christmas and really didn't want to go... but later that night i found her youtubing the band to see more...

so here's a futuristic recommendation... go to the rams head on june 4th and see these guys. i promise you'll have a good time even if you dont think you'll like the music.

and for the people out there that find women attractive... the dancing percussion girls are real pretty...

2 comments:

ricksterb said...

I was convinced that you and I had completely different, if not opposite , tastes in music. However I love love love Gogol Bordello. I've seen them at least 6 times in Baltimore and once in Tennessee. They have never disappointed, however their fan seem to be increasingly violent with each show. However I think they put on the best live show I've ever seen and yes, the percussion girls are pretty. Stunning in fact. I might go so far as to say they're "adste".

h. van de mark said...

oooooh i had heard about this and forgotten about it. thanks for the reminder!!!

and man i bet adam will use this second post to get out of doing a friday post. what a bum.