Friday, April 17, 2009

Wizard People, Dear Reader

Hello, friends. You may remember me from such softball fiascos as "Running Facefirst Into Eric Hopkins," or "Right Field Massacre '08." Or for those of you lucky enough to not be on our softball team last year, I had a list up a few months ago. I woke up this morning and checked ye olde Friends Recommend, and after seeing Jessica's very well-written tome on Rachel Getting Married, I thought maybe I should just leave well enough alone this week. I also considered anti-recommending mine and Adam's entire fantasy baseball team, but I figured that he could handle that on his own. So what the hell do I talk about now? Well, you're in luck today folks.

I heard about this "movie" from Chris Laun when we were both living together in the cesspool that we affectionately referred to as the "Pirate Ship." Does everyone remember watching the Wizard of Oz whilst listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon? This is kind of like that, only better. This is the OK Computer to WoO/DSotM's Palbo Honey (like that Radiohead reference everyone?). So what are we talking about here?

This is Harry Potter for anyone who wants Harry Potter to be the funniest movie you've ever seen. Some dude decided to do a narration of the whole movie (i.e. a book on tape) that syncs up with the movie as its running. The general storyline is pretty similar to the original, but the narrator gives everything a comical twist. I'm not really sure how to explain it. Harry is often prone to fits of rage. I've seen the movie this way at least ten times, and I would consider it one of the top 5 funniest movies that I have ever seen.

I'm not nearly as eloquent as Mike Ward writing about peanut butter, so luckily I found a few of my favorite clips on youtube:







If you are looking to give this a try, you can download the audio tracks here:
You'll need 2 cd's, and when you start the movie start the cd player immediately.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Laundre said...

I actually don't think I ever made it through the entire thing in one sitting. It was usually on when I was drunk and the movie is like 3 hours long. But yes, funny!

MikeW said...

Also, one thing of note: The narrator is also the voice and creator of the Professor Brothers, a very funny web-only comic series. I think he's also written for the Daily Show.

ricksterb said...

Thank God Adam hardly monitors or updates this blog anymore. I could watch these wizard people videos for ever.

Steve(n) said...

Can we now add "The Chris Myers Cut-Off Massacre" to your IMDB page?