Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Holidays of My Youth

As we push ahead in my own personal Holiday Recommends Week I am going to share with you the Christmas movies/TV shows of my younger years. These are highlights from the movies of the late 80's that I was obsessed with as a young little guy. I watched the CBS special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer until the tape broke and don't think I have seen it since. Included below is the closing scene from the Ziggy Christmas Special, the Island of Misfit Toys introduction from Rudolph (stick with it until you see all the misfit toys, like the water gun that shoots jelly and the cowboy on an ostrich), and the classic dance sequence from Charlie Brown. They don't make them like this anymore, and if I ever have children I am going to be sure that they know it.






2 comments:

mayohayes said...

Ziggy? Seriously? And what was with the homeless Santa! I can't believe you'd pick the Ziggy Christmas Special over the Garfield one, or even the T'was the Night Before Christmas cartoon...it's like I barely know you.

adam. said...

that ziggy movie made me the sensitive, caring man that stands before you today. garfield is a chump.