Monday, January 19, 2009

Some Todd Highlights

Hey Friends. No time for a full post today, and I considered not posting at all because it is a holiday. So what we're going to do is highlight some of Todd's picks that I think are great, but won't get to this week in detail. Partially because some are widely known already, and as with the Maritime pick I don't know enough about them to really write anything. So here are three videos highlighting some of the picks from Todd's list.

All the Bowie songs that Seu Jorge covered for the Life Aquatic soundtrack are really great. This is one of my favorites complete with video footage. Todd I hope you get as chilled out when you listen to this as Seu Jorge seems before he plays it. Life On Mars:



OK, sorry but Changes was too good to not include also:



I have only seen a couple episodes of Flight of the Conchords, but this is one of my favorite scenes so far. Most Beautiful Girl In the Room:



And this is a Maritime video for a song from We, the Vehicles which is the album Todd recommends. I do need to buy this album. Dismemberment Plan is one of my all-time favorite bands, half for how great their music is, and half for sentimental reasons. Here is Tearing Up the Oxygen:


1 comment:

Chris said...

I sure hope to read about some ladyboys tomorrow.