Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You Can't Do That On Television


A few things about this Nickelodeon show from my youth stand out in my memories. Kids getting slimed for saying "I don't know", those great different colored lockers, that woman who could make the insanely high sounds with her voice, and later Alanis Morrisette.

Things I didn't remember/realize about this show. It was Canadian. There was a 20 minute reunion show filmed in 2004 with some of the original cast members called Project 131. Youtube link to the entire episode here.

Some of my favorite things about YCDTOTV were the opening sausage machine montage:



and maybe most of all, Barth:


3 comments:

erichop said...

this might be the worst post ever. like 3 sentences and 2 youtube clips? C'mon!

adam. said...

do you have any idea how hard it is to do this every day!? give me a break! when is the last time YOU updated YOUR blog, hotshot?

JennyK said...

When I was 10 or so I begged my mom to let me order "YCDTOT Green Slime Shampoo" from Nickolodeon. She relented and I was so psyched when it arrived. It was the WORST shampoo ever. Might have actually been some of the slime--which would be cool, but they should tell you that before you rub a big glob of it in your hair.