Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Vacation Recommends...

I am going to take a break from my short story collections recommendations this week to try something different. I am a school teacher that teaches summer school and this is my first full week off for the summer. This makes me very happy. Last Wednesday was my last day of work until the end of the month. So I've been looking for little things to do to keep me occupied.
This past Thursday I decided to go to Bowie Baysox baseball game that started at 11 am. We got there early, about 10 am, and we were just about the only people in the stadium besides employees and ball players. During warm-ups we were able to observe the players up close and get plenty of autographs. These you minor leaguers are crazy and say ridiculous things. This guy Ambiorix Concepcion kept on stealing everyone Else's hat! Among the notables autographs were Brandon Erbe and Brian Matusz.
When the game started I sat back with a breakfast hot dog and beer and watched a pretty exciting game. Erbe started and pitched pretty well. He lost the game because of an inside the park home run. A lazy fly ball down the right field line turned into an inside of the park home run when the right fielder dove for the ball and after he missed it refused to get up and chase it! maybe he hurt himself, I don't know.
Anyway it was an incredibly enjoyable way to start off my summer break. Drinking an AM beer and watching a ball game. Up coming games of interest in Bowie include, Star Wars Night on the 22nd and Nick Markakis T-Shirt Night on the 11th.

Post script: Please enjoy this video of some pre game warm-up banter....

3 comments:

MikeW said...

How many people were actually at the game?

Einstein said...

Well it was billed as "camp day" so about 300 day campers showed up. But besides all of those kids I'd say less than 100 other people.

erichop said...

What is wrong with George Brett and his bowels? I am surprised he never shit himself while taking a swing.